Hitting the Reset Button
Online Seminar Series
For paddlers and coaches in all paddlesports
This series is presented in partnership with False Creek Racing Canoe Club.
After a challenging 2020, many aspects of our lives have been impacted. In this online seminar series, we focus on aspects important to paddlers who want to live healthy, active lives and improve their paddling performance; nutrition, mental focus and race readiness. These aspects are important to visit in order to grow and stay motivated, no matter what 2021 may bring. Join us for three online presentations to learn some key points on how to reset your focus and to implement productive behaviours in your training and everyday life.
This online seminar series is composed of three seminars, one per week, on different topics lead by different experts. Each will be held twice to help suit different schedules and time zones. Almost anywhere you are in the world, one of the times will be in your waking hours. Recordings will be available for a period of time after each seminar.
|Seminar #||Presenter||Date||Time (PST)||Topic|
|1||Kamini Jain||Saturday, February 20,||6:30 pm||Racing Our Best: How To Approach the Start Line Ready to Perform|
|Sunday, February 21||10:30 am|
|2||Alice Hsiang||Saturday, February 27||6:30 pm||Nutrition: Optimizing for Performance|
|Sunday, February 28||10:30 am|
|3||Johan Sauer||Saturday, March 6||6:30 pm||Staying on Target: Developing Our Mental Skills|
|Sunday, March 7||10:30 am|
All times are Vancouver, BC, Canada times (Pacific Standard Time). For the times in some other cities, please see below.
Price: $60 plus GST (this price includes all three seminars)
If you have a credit from either the 2020 Newport or Tempe Spring Camps, please enter coupon code SpringCamp2020. If you don’t know how much credit you have left, please email Kamini and she can let you know.
Here are the times in some other cities for your reference:
|Vancouver (PST)||Toronto / Philadelphia (+3h)||London (+8h)||Hong Kong (+16h)||Sydney (+19h)|
|Saturday 6:30 pm||Saturday 9:30 pm||Sunday 2:30 am||Sunday 10:30 am||Sunday 1:30 am|
|Sunday 10:30 am||Sunday 1:30 pm||Sunday 6:30 pm||Monday 2:30 am||Monday 5:30 am|
Please double check these times are accurate as day-light savings time-changes may have changed time differences since publication.
- Seminars will be approximately 60 minutes plus 15 minutes of questions
- You do not need to let anyone know which time you are going to attend. Just attend the most convenient time for you each week
- Please check your junk folders for emails from Kamini. You will be emailed all the information you need but it could direct to your junk folder. If this happens for a group email it may also happen for individual replies too. If you have not received information a couple days before the first seminar, please email Kamini.
- The meeting platform will be RingCentral Meetings, which is the same format as Zoom. Participants will be sent a meeting link. A download is required on some devices. The meeting room will open 15 minutes prior to each seminar for participants to check in and test their set-up. It will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the first seminar of the series to allow extra time for problem-solving if needed.
- There are two times for each seminar to help suit participants’ schedules. Each registration includes an attendance to one of the two times for each seminar for a total of three seminars.
- Barring recording malfunctions, recordings of each seminar will be available for a limited time after each seminar. No malfunctions have occurred in the 10 months of online courses to date.
- We reserve the right to change presenters and topics if pandemic times lead the scheduled presenter to become unavailable.